How many times have you found yourself on the freeway thinking, “Y’know, I should grab that bow that’s sitting in my trunk and fire off a few arrows into traffic?”
Yeah, us neither.
On the other hand, the Nevada State Police and the Henderson P.D. found a guy who had exactly that thought, and we bet you’re as shocked as we are to find out that he was also suspected of “being under the influence of a controlled substance.”
After the nice peace officer arrived on the scene, well, we’ll let the NSP take it from here: “Witnesses on-scene further advised the Trooper that the male adult had run from the car, was armed with a bow and arrow, and was shooting the arrows at vehicles passing by. With assistance from the Henderson Police Department, the Nevada State Police was able to locate the fleeing driver of the Acura. The driver was later identified as Ronnie Macias. Macias was armed with a bow and arrows at the time of contact, but he listened to commands putting the weapon down, and was placed into custody without incident. The Nevada State Police transported Macias to the Clark County Detention Center where he was booked on multiple charges, including suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance.
“The rider of the motorcycle was transported to Sunrise Hospital in critical condition but is expected to live.” Okay, so thank your deity of choice for that. As to Mr. Macias, here’s the final scorecard on what he’s charged with:
- 484c.110 Driving under the influence (2nd) (Misdemeanor 1 count)
- 484c.110 Driving under the influence resulting in substantial bodily harm (Felony 1 count)
- 484B.653.9 Reckless Driving, resulting in substantial bodily harm (Felony 1 count)
- 484E.010 Duty to stop at scene of accident involving death or personal injury (Felony 1 count)
- 200.010 Attempt murder, 1st degree (enhancement deadly weapon) (Felony 4 counts)
- 200.471.2B Assault, with a deadly weapon (Felony 2 counts)
And as long as we’re doing this, howzabout some kinda fond memories of other festive mugshots?