The Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) will close the south and northbound Interstate 15 off-ramps at 5 p.m., Dec. 31 at Spring Mountain Road, Flamingo Road and Tropicana Avenue. However, motorists can still enter and exit I-15 at Sahara and at Russell Road. Vehicle access will also be restricted at the following locations:
• Tropicana Avenue westbound at Koval Lane.
• Tropicana Avenue eastbound at Industrial/Dean Martin Drive
• Flamingo Road eastbound at Valley View Boulevard
• The right lane on Sahara Avenue eastbound at I-15 will have one lane closed to allow a dedicated turn lane from the off-ramp at I-15 northbound to Sahara Avenue eastbound.
• East and westbound Sahara Avenue turn lanes onto Las Vegas Boulevard southbound will be closed.
“Roughly 320,000 visitors will celebrate the New Year in Southern Nevada, with many of them welcoming 2019 on the Las Vegas Strip,” said NDOT spokesman Tony Illia. “As such, we are making several temporary road and highway closures, ensuring a safe and successful event for both motorists and revelers.”
Ramp restrictions will be lifted between 3 a.m. and 6 a.m., Jan. 1, 2019, or at the discretion of the Joint Operations Center in the Freeway Arterial System of Transportation (FAST). For current road information go to: www.nvroads.com.