Celebrities did not disappoint on the red carpet this year with couture numbers that made our jaws drop. From big ball gowns to chic silhouettes, here are 20 of the best looks from this year’s award season.
1. Elle Fanning wearing Vivienne Westwood Couture at Cannes. One of the hand-painted creations on the back includes a unicorn!
Elle Fanning's #Cannes dress took 10 people 300 hours to make: https://t.co/UNv1xKkZNL
2. Zoe Kravitz wearing Dior Couture at the Emmys. The simple silhouette perfectly shows off the ombre feather-like design.
Fashion Flash: Zoe Kravitz in Dior Couture riot of rainbow feathers at the 2017 Emmys #zoekravitz
3. Hailee Steinfeld wearing Ralph & Russo at the Oscars. She certainly has had some stellar award show dresses, but this one takes the cake for us.
Hailee Steinfeld wearing Ralph & Russo at the 2017 Oscars
4. Ruth Negga wearing Valentino Haute Couture at the Oscars. The carpet may be red, however, it didn’t keep Ruth from rocking this gown.
Who Wore It Best at the Oscars 2017: Ruth Negga, Ginnifer Goodwin or Olivia Munn? Celebsection - https://t.co/iYPYCVLNqO
5. Emma Stone wearing Valentino Haute Couture at the Golden Globe Awards. The color of the dress compliments her skin tone and the stars just add a little shimmer!
I still think Emma Stone's Golden Globes look was better than her Oscars dress
6. Lily Collins wearing Zuhair Murad Couture at the Golden Globe Awards. The actress looked like royalty in this feminine number. The hairstyle and bold lip top the look off perfectly.
Lily Collins - Golden Globes 2017
7. Nicole Kidman wearing Gucci at the SAG Awards. Who knew parrots could be so chic? This is one of our personal favorite looks we saw this year.
Nicole Kidman تحتل لقب أجمل إطلالة في SAG Awards https://t.co/tQQhatrhEM
8. Jennifer Lopez wearing Reem Acra at People’s Choice Awards. She is the queen of sexy and this dress certainly helped her keep that title.
2017 People's Choice Awards: Jennifer Lopez is wearing a black long sleeve R... https://t.co/UEuCxBXbdt
9. Taraji P. Henson wearing Alberta Ferretti at the Oscars. We are in love with this vintage look! Taraji complimented the look with a sparkly silver necklace.
Taraji P. Henson is pure perfection in this velvet @AlbertaFerretti bombshell number. 9/10 #Oscars #redcarpet
10. Yara Shahidi wearing Prada at the Emmys. This year was certainly the year of sequins. We don’t hate it at all!
@YaraShahidi wears a Prada custom bronze tulle flutter sleeve gown while attending the '69th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards' . #Emmys2017
11. Rhianna wearing Armani Prive at the Grammys. The singer matched a black ball gown skirt with a form-fitting orange top. She seriously could look amazing in anything.
rihanna at the 2017 grammy awards
12. Janelle Monae wearing Elie Saab Couture at the Oscars. The interesting combination of fabrics made for a unique look that turned the media’s heads.
Let's take a moment to appreciate Janelle Monae's Oscar looks ❤ ???? she looked absolutely breathtaking ????
13. Jessica Biel wearing KaufmanFranco at the Oscars. She looked exactly like one of the awards!
No. 6 Jessica Biel Best Oscar Dress 2017
14. Tessa Thompson wearing Rosie Assoulin at the Emmys. She looked like a rainbow goddess in this big skirted number.
Oh my GOSH, Tessa Thompson at the Emmy Awards
15. Priyanka Chopra wearing Balmain at the Emmys. The actress looked like an angel in this white beaded and feathered creation.
What did you think of @priyankachopra in @Balmain at the 2017 Emmy Awards last night?! A gorgeous vision in white!!
16. Mandy Moore wearing Naeem Khan at the Golden Globes. Yes, this dress may be simple, but the plunging neckline makes it a delight.
EVENTO ──❃ Mandy Moore al 18th Annual Post-Golden Globes Party hosted by Warner Bros. Pictures and InStyle l'8 Gennaio a Beverly Hills, CA.????
17. Kerry Washington wearing Dolce & Gabbana Alta Moda at the Golden Globes. The golden dress with added embellishments made for a stunning design.
Actress Kerry Washington attends the 74th Annual Golden Globe Awards at The Beverly Hilton Hotel January 8, 2017 -by Frazer Harrison/Getty
18. Nicole Kidman wearing Calvin Klein by Appointment at the Emmys. Yes, our girl is on this list for the third time! She looked like a 1950s diva with a simple pair of mismatching shoes.
Nicole Kidman at 69th Annual Primetime EMMY Awards in Los Angeles https://t.co/JJOYSBF39l
19. Gabrielle Union wearing Suhair Murad at the Emmys. The sheer, shimmering look had an added cape making for a dramatic look.
Gabrielle Union wore a #ZuhairMurad Resort 2018 gown to the Primetime Emmy Awards. #Emmys https://t.co/n4Z8M6oxHy @itsgabrielleu #Emmys2017
20. Sofia Boutella wearing Chanel at the Oscars. We love how feathers made a comeback this award season! Sofia looked like a modern day flapper girl with this long gown.
@tomandlorenzo @TraceeEllisRoss @CHANEL Sofia Boutella also wore Chanel 2017 Spring Collection to Oscars
Sarah is a Hufflepuff living in NYC. When she is not traveling or talking to random animals, she is working as a script writer. Tweet her at @lumpyspacederp